This project is read-only.

General Bible Clip Plugin Discussion

Sep 10, 2011 at 5:58 AM
Edited Sep 11, 2011 at 5:09 AM

This is a place to have general discussion about the Bible Plugin - that don't relate to specific issues in the tracker.  For specific issues that are in the tracker, post a comment in the particular issue.

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:31 AM

What is the status of the Bible Clip?  I cannot write code but I can test.  How can I help?

Feb 11, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Since the first release, there have been some bugs taken care of, like the verse ghosting bug.  I am going to put out a second release, for further testing.  Packaging support is still lacking, however.  This latest update will have drag and drop support for translations (drag a translation onto Screen Monkey and a new clip is created using that translation file), and fuller display template support (like you have display templates in the Song Clips).  Between those two things, it should be easier to create Bible clips.

There may be some new bugs in relation to verse selection.  I have tried to make things more keyboard driven in regards to the dropdown boxes, which works rather quick, but it needs some further testing there.  What I mean on that is, click the first dropdown, start to type the Bible book, then tab and it autocompletes and focuses on chapter which you can type and then tab to verse.  Type that in and tab again, and the verse is selected.

I have also disabled edit/cue while the clip is playing because of conflicts the edit window was having with the live monitor.

That pretty much sums it up.  I am going to double check for major bugs and do a second release today.  Previous versions of the plugin will have to be removed before installing this one.